Craving a hearty meal that satisfies the taste buds, but is easy on your insides too? Then try out this recipe from one of our instructors Elise!
1 tsp avocado oil
1 large red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 small sweet potato
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
3 cups veggie broth (check ingredients & make sure there's no added sugar)
1 cup frozen (or fresh) corn
1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can diced tomatoes no salt added liquid included
1 6oz can tomato paste
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp white miso paste
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
handful of fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sweet potato and cook until onions are softened (about 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic, red pepper, and green pepper and let cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in chili powder, white miso paste, and tomato paste.
5. Add veggie broth, diced tomatoes, and the remaining spices and let everything simmer until
the sweet potatoes are completely cooked, about 10 minutes. (Make sure to check them
regularly so they don't get mushy.)
6. Stir in beans and corn. Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Top with cilantro and enjoy!
Submitted by Elise Powers
Certified Yoga & X21 Trainer